McAfee is one of the most promising antiviruses which is trusted and used across the globe by users. However, like any other antivirus, there can be certain issues in the activation that can occur and might frustrate the user. It is important to acknowledge that you are unable to redeem and activate the McAfee products using a retail card or an eCard. Similarly, you can easily enable your product key when you are installing it from the CD.
When you try to install from a CD or redeem a retail card then you see there is an issue. This is the error that creates interruptions when you activate McAfee. Here in this article, you will get the solution to deal with the McAfee activation error. So let’s get started!
Point to remember: You must always activate the McAfee product or subscription via an authentic website by using the mcafee.com/activate product key.
Solutions for McAfee activation error
There is no other option to redeem your retail card from the website, you might have used the wrong website to access your retail card. So, make sure you are going on the official page to redeem the McAfee card. Go through each section mentioned below to see the solutions to the particular error:
Read Also >> McAfee LiveSafe vs Total Protection: Which one is better?
- There can be other issues such as you have entered a wrong product key that doesn’t match with the country and the language you have selected: In order to select your country and language, you need to use the Language drop-down list on the “Activation’ page.
- Invalid product code: You might have mistyped the product key incorrectly. The solution for this is to try again to type the product code. If you still see the “Invalid Product code” error on-screen, then there is a need to contact the technical support team.
- Product key already in use: This specific error can occur if you have earlier tried to redeem or use the activation code on the not so Genuine website. Remember, there are many fake websites available on the internet that claim to offer McAfee Technical support services and if you visit such websites and enter your activation code the cybercriminals might get access to your account details. When you try again to enter the activation code, it says the “Key already in use”.
- Issues inactivation from a CD: In order to fix the issues you need to follow the steps given below:
- First of all, you need to put the CD in your drive.
- Now the installation will begin automatically.
- You need to follow the on-screen prompts to install the McAfee product.
- Right-tap on the McAfee icon on your taskbar.
- After this, you have to select the “Activate Now” option.
- Now, type the CD key code and select “Activate” option.
- You can now see the “Activation Successful message on-screen.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
We hope that this article has helped you to resolve activation issues with your McAfee subscription and fix them correctly. However, we suggest you visit the official website or the customer support team via the McAfee website and get assistance for the same.